PGT-A (Preimplantation Genetic Testing for Aneuploidies)
At The New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine in Virginia Beach, VA our doctors offer PGT-A to increase the chances of a successful pregnancy for you. For more information, call us today and schedule a consultation.
Improves the chances of reproductive success by selecting chromosomally normal embryos.
- PGT-A is a genetic test performed on embryos to identify numerical chromosomal abnormalities (aneuploidy).
- The test is performed on embryos before transfer to the uterus.
- By analyzing all embryos generated in an IVF treatment cycle those free of chromosomal aneuploidy can be selectively transferred.
- As a result, the pregnancy rates per transfer are significantly increased and the miscarriage rates decreased.
- Increases pregnancy rates per transfer: Selecting normal embryos can increase the pregnancy chances after transfer.
- Reduction in miscarriage rate: In the general population, 25% of all clinical pregnancies
end in miscarriage.
- Increase in the likelihood of having a healthy baby: Some pregnancies with chromosomal anomalies can give rise to the birth of baby with a serious illness.
- Reduction in time and necessary resources: The time and resources necessary to achieve a pregnancy are reduced.
- Reduces risk of multiple pregnancy: It helps to avoid repeating cycles of assisted reproduction.
- Advanced maternal age: 35 years or above
- Recurrent miscarriages: 2 or more miscarriages of unknown cause
- Assisted reproduction cycles without pregnancy: 2 or more assisted reproduction cycles without pregnancy result
- Male factor: Males with low sperm concentration, below 5 million per ml
- Previous pregnancies with anomalies: 1 previous pregnancy with chromosome abnormality, especially in an assisted reproduction cycle
We use the most advanced technology, NGS (Next-Generation Sequencing) to perform the PGT-A test:
- Ability to detect aneuploidies, mosaicism and segmental alterations
- Rapid technology allowing embryos to be transferred in fresh or frozen cycles
- New diagnostic possibilities including the measurement of mitochondrial DNA copy number (MitoScore)
- Best Cost-effective ratio
- High flexibility and scalability of the samples
Our technology and experience allow us to analyze 24 chromosomes, in a 12-hour procedure which provides results in more than 99% of cases.
Optional Single Embryo Transfer (SET)
Twin pregnancy is associated with more pregnancy complications and poorer pregnancy outcome than singleton pregnancy.
The development of the IVF techniques and recent studies* demonstrate:
- No statistical difference in pregnancy rates achieved by Single Embryo Transfer compared with Multiple Embryo Transfer
- A reduction in multiple pregnancies
*Selection of single blastocysts for fresh transfer via standard morphology assessment alone and with array CGH for good prognosis in IVF patients: results from a randomized pilot study. (Sills ES, Salem RD. 1. Mol Cytogenet. 2012 May 2;5(1):24.)
Preimplantation Genetic Testing for Aneuploidies (PGT-A)
Improve The Chances Of Reproductive Success With Next-Generation Sequencing For PGS.
Preimplantation Genetic Testing (PGT-A) allows us to identify chromosomally normal embryos from amongst the embryos obtained through IVF.
What Is PGT-A By NGS?
Our technology, Next-Generation Sequencing, allows us to analyze all 24 chromosome types. Chromosomal abnormalities are detected prior to embryo transfer to enable informed decisions and increase pregnancy success.
NGS is the digital, sequence-based alternative to analog techniques for DNA analysis.
NGS Provides a New Approach To PGT-A With Advantages Including:
- Validated NGS protocol comparing the results with Array CGH technology, which will remain as a back-up technology in our labs.
- High flexibility, scalability and best cost-efficiency. NGS enables the screening of 2 to 24 samples per analysis, minimizing the need to batch embryos and significantly driving down the cost per sample.
- New diagnostic possibilities. NGS allows for embryo screening together with mitochondrial DNA screening (MitoScore).
- Robust technology detects whole chromosome aneuploidies, mosaicism and segmental aneuploidies.
- Faster technology allows Fresh Embryo Transfer (D5/D6)
Indications To Perform PGT-A
- Advanced maternal age
- Recurrent miscarriage
- Previous aneuploid conception
- Implantation failure
- Male factor infertility
For more information, please call us or book an appointment online. We serve patients from Virginia Beach VA, Rudee Heights VA, Lynnhaven VA, Linkhorn Estates VA, and Dam Neck VA.