New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine
PATIENT SERVICES AT NEW HOPE CENTER FOR REPRODUCTIVE MEDICINE
Genetic Carrier Screening in Virginia Beach, VA
Carrier screening is a genetic test that determines if you are at an increased risk of having a child affected with a genetic disease. Experts recommend that all individuals planning a family be offered genetic carrier screening, and for that reason, it is typically performed during one of your first appointments.
We have partnered with the leading genetics laboratory Igenomix to offer genetic carrier screening, which uses a small blood or saliva sample to screen your DNA for over 300 conditions such as cystic fibrosis, spinal muscular atrophy (SMA), and sickle-cell disease. Igenomix has a team of board-certified genetic counselors who are available to review your results with you in the context of your personal and family medical history. If you are found to be at increased risk to pass on a genetic disease, there are a number of options available to you. One option, called PGD (preimplantation genetic diagnosis), involves genetically testing IVF embryos and then transferring only embryos that do not have the disease in question.
To learn more about carrier screening, visit https://cgt.igenomix.com/
PGT-A – Preimplantation Genetic Screening
Improves the chances of reproductive success by selecting chromosomally normal embryos
- PGT-A is a genetic test performed on embryos to identify numerical chromosomal abnormalities (aneuploidy).
- The test is performed on embryos before transfer to the uterus.
- By analyzing all embryos generated in an IVF treatment cycle those free of chromosomal aneuploidy can be selectively transferred.
- As a result, the pregnancy rates per transfer are significantly increased and the miscarriage rates decreased.
- Increases pregnancy rates per transfer
- Reduces the miscarriage rate
- Increases the likelihood of having a healthy baby
- Reduces the time and necessary resources in achieving a pregnancy
- Reduces the risk of a “multiple pregnancy”
- Advanced maternal age: 35 years or above
- Recurrent miscarriages: 2 or more miscarriages of unknown cause
- Assisted reproduction cycles without pregnancy: 2 or more assisted reproduction cycles without pregnancy result
- Male factor: Males with low sperm concentration, below 5 million per ml
- Previous pregnancies with anomalies: 1 previous pregnancy with chromosome abnormality, especially in an assisted reproduction cycle
We use the most advanced technology, NGS (Next-Generation Sequencing) to perform the PGT-A test:
- Ability to detect aneuploidies, mosaicism and segmental alterations
- Rapid technology allowing embryos to be transferred in fresh or frozen cycles
- New diagnostic possibilities including the measurement of mitochondrial DNA copy number (MitoScore)
- Best Cost-effective ratio
- High flexibility and scalability of the samples
Our technology and experience allows to analyse 24 chromosomes, in a 12-hour procedure which provides results in more than 99% of cases.
Additional Services You May Need
Additional Services You May Need
▸ Fertility 101
▸ Diagnosis Infertility Testing
▸ Infertility Tests for Women
▸ Infertility Tests for Men
▸ Treatments and Success
▸ Egg Donor
▸ Genetic Screening
▸ Fertility Clinic
▸ LGBT Fertility Clinic
▸ Best Fertility Doctors
▸ LGBT Females
▸ LGBT Males
▸ Transgender Family Building
▸ Donor/Third Party
▸ Gestational Surrogate/Carrier
▸ INVOcell Procedure