THE New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine
EGG DONOR AT THE NEW HOPE CENTER FOR REPRODUCTIVE MEDICINE
Egg Donor Clinic in Virginia Beach, VA
Are you looking to become an egg donor and help a couple in need? We are currently accepting applicants. Learn more below and apply today!
Become an Egg Donor
We appreciate your interest and compassion in becoming an egg donor to help a couple in need. Please see a list of sample question that will help you understand if you may qualify as an egg donor. At the end is a link to fill out our online donor form if you are still interested.
If you answer “yes” to the following questions, you may qualify.
- Are you between the ages of 21 and 32 years of age?
- Are you in good health and a nonsmoker?
- Do you have regular menstrual cycles?
- Do you have both ovaries and do you have no reproductive problems?
- Do you have no current history of a sexually transmitted disease such as chlamydia or GC?
- Do you have no history of HIV or hepatitis?
- Are you psychologically healthy?
- Do you have no current use of drugs or excessive alcohol consumption?
- Do you have no family history of inherited genetic disorders or conditions?
- Does your work or school schedule allow you to make it to daily doctor’s appointments?
- Are you willing to take hormone injections?
- Do you have a car, a valid driver’s license, or reliable transportation?
- If you have children, do you have a babysitter for when you have doctor’s appointments?
- Are you dependable, mature, and able to keep appointments?
When you become an egg donor, you will be administering injectable fertility medications and will have frequent visits to the New Hope Center for blood testing and ultrasounds to monitor the your ovaries.
Egg donors are required to inject small amounts of hormone under the skin of the abdomen or thighs using a tiny needle. These daily hormones injections continue for approximately 10 days to increase the number of eggs normally produced by the ovaries.
Egg donors are required to attend an injection teaching session to learn how to prepare the medications and inject them properly.
During this ovarian stimulation period, the egg donor is required to visit the office for monitoring. Monitoring involves having blood drawn and scans of ovaries utilizing a transvaginal ultrasound. The blood testing monitors hormone levels as they response to the injectable medications. The transvaginal ultrasounds allows the physician to get a visualization of the number and size of the ovarian follicles, which contain the eggs.
Donors go through an egg retrieval procedure to harvest eggs. Egg retrieval procedure normally takes about 20 to 30 minutes, but the egg donor will spend roughly a half day in total at The New Hope Center. Egg retrieval occurs while the donor is sedated. Following the egg retrieval procedure, the egg donor recovers in the recovery room for one to two hours prior to discharge. The donor will be required to have a friend or relative on hand to take hear home. Abdominal tenderness and bloating is possible after the procedure.
The complete egg donation process, from initial application to egg retrieval can take three months or more depending on the whether the eggs are being used for a specific couple or will be frozen for future use. Every attempt is made to schedule the initial screening tests to accommodate the donor’s schedule. During the stimulation phase, donors may need to be at The New Hope Center as often as every day, or every other day, for monitoring.
Upon completion of the egg retrieval procedure, the donor receives compensated for her time, commitment and effort
How to Begin
If you meet the criteria for eligibility and would like to be an anonymous egg donor, please fill out our simple online form. Please make sure you meet the eligibility criteria listed above before applying.
Additional Services You May Need
Additional Services You May Need
▸ Fertility 101
▸ Diagnosis Infertility Testing
▸ Infertility Tests for Women
▸ Infertility Tests for Men
▸ Treatments and Success
▸ Egg Donor
▸ Genetic Screening
▸ Fertility Clinic
▸ LGBT Fertility Clinic
▸ Best Fertility Doctors
▸ LGBT Females
▸ LGBT Males
▸ Transgender Family Building
▸ Donor/Third Party
▸ Gestational Surrogate/Carrier
▸ INVOcell Procedure